Top 5 Facts of The Statue Of Unity of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. India’s Statue of Unity touted to wind up the world’s tallest statue, is nearly nearing the finish. When finished, this unique statue – Which was started at the end of 2013 – will be almost twice as tall as the world’s most popular New York’s Statue of Liberty. The amazing architect of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel have many facts. But here are the most popular and interesting facts about this statue.
Top 5 Facts of The Statue of Unity –
1. The 600ft tall statue is a tribute to India’s freedom fighter and 1st deputy PM, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Mr Patel was popular and known as the “Iron Man of India” and played a major function in persuading feuding states to unite to become an element of the Indian state after independence in 1947.
2. At 600ft it will become the world’s highest statue on finishing point beating the Popular Spring Temple Buddha in China which is at present the world’s biggest statue at 419.948 feet.
3. This is the world’s first statue having the lift inside. The Statue of Unity has a viewing balcony at 153 meters, which can lodge near about 200 visitors at a time. This will offer an open view of the dam and environs.
4. This amazing statue will be able to survive storms velocity up to 60 meters a second, strong vibration and earthquake.
5. The plan was first broadcasted on 7th October 2010. In the year 2010, Narendra Modi released the information of this project at a media conference to mark the beginning of his 10th year as the CM of Gujarat.
Top 5 Facts of The Statue Of Unity – Today Indians | www.todayindians.com